Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

First and foremost, we want to remind survivors of sexual violence that there are people on this campus that believe you and see you. If you experienced any amount of harm, that is unacceptable, and you deserve safety, support, and accountability. Second, we want to promote the following values, which we believe should be integral to all communities:

  *   Impact is more important than intent. There are moments when we might harm someone without intending to or knowing we have harmed them in the moment. We should honor and validate the ways that people define their experiences with empathy and compassion.

  *   If someone walks away from a sexual encounter feeling violated, regardless of their partner’s intentions, that is unacceptable and we as a community need to understand the patterns of thought and behavior that led to this harm.

  *   If someone is no longer comfortable engaging in sexual activity, the activity must stop. To try to “compromise” and continue would constitute sexual assault.

  *   Individuals have to take responsibility for the harm they commit regardless of their intentions.

  *   If we think about how to have sex so that all parties involved find pleasure together while respecting each other’s boundaries, we will proactively eliminate harmful experiences. If your only personal standard as a sexual partner is to barely avoid being accused of raping someone, you’re probably already causing harm.

  *   We can support and believe survivors while also striving for an accountability system that is fair and upholds due process. Concerns about “false reporting” that are limited to the realm of sexual violence are thinly veiled attacks against survivors that perpetuate victim blaming and cause retraumatization.

  *   Harm may still have occurred even if an accountability process (legal or college) does not end with a finding of responsibility. Legal and criminal definitions are not the only way to identify harmful experiences.

Resources for survivors of sexual violence:

http://www.dartmouth.edu/sexualrespect/

Onwards,

SPCSA