HELP NEEDED!  GET INVOLVED!

2019 PHYSICIANS FOR HUMAN RIGHTS CONFERENCE

Each year, Nathan Smith Society members help Geisel students plan and execute the Physicians for Human Rights Regional Conference at Dartmouth. Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) is an independent organization that uses medicine and science to stop mass atrocities and severe human rights violations against individuals. The Geisel student chapter of PHR is dedicated to advocacy and education about issues, both domestically and internationally.  The themes from the most recent Dartmouth conferences have been: 2017-18, Womxn's Right, 2016-17, Violence Against Difference, 2015-16, Refugee Health, 2014-15, Incarceration and 2013-14, Poverty.

Our general theme for this year's conference to be held January 11/12  is "A Changing World", which includes physical, social, technological, and all aspects of our rapidly changing world and how they relate to human rights and health.  We are looking for ideas on how to develop and expand this topic and to get suggestions for speakers (both local and from other institutions).  You can contribute ideas AND be involved in the planning and presentation of the conference.

 Below is a link to a short survey in order to collect your ideas and your interest in helping to plan next year's PHR Conference.  Thank you so much!

Link to:    https://goo.gl/forms/Kq5BshM160OUSyhi2

-Nathan Smith Society Executive Committee