Dear Friends,

At tonight's Theology on Tap, we'll take inspiration from the Met's new exhibition<https://www.metmuseum.org/exhibitions/listings/2018/heavenly-bodies> and talk about opulence in religion.  Why do so many of us seem to care so much that our houses of worship and the people who run them look nice?  What do we gain by embracing aesthetic beauty?  What do we lose?  What's to be said for rejecting it instead?  Is this beauty only skin deep, as it were?  To what extent does opulence, and the money that underlies it, mark a community's priorities?

Join us tonight at 9pm at Salt Hill to unpack these questions and more over free drinks and cheesy fries.  All are welcome, bar none.

Peace,

Peter