Please join an important topic of conversation with

John Agresto

Former President of St. Johns College and N.E.H. Acting Chairman

“Do the Liberal Arts Serve Any Useful Public Function?”

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Carson 060

4:00 p.m.

We all have a sense of how a liberal education contributes to a fuller and happier private life. And we all know how an education in the fine arts as well as in more practical, professional, and vocational fields can directly contribute to the public good – that is, add to the health, comfort, enjoyment, and well-being of others. Can the liberal arts make a persuasive case for their “public” value? Let’s discuss

Free and Open to the Public

Sponsored by Daniel Webster Program