To the Dartmouth Community,

In solidarity with survivors of sexual violence, Phi Delta Alpha will be closing our house on the night of Friday, April 6. In doing so, we acknowledge the history and continued presence of violence and harm in various social spaces across campus. We will host an internal house discussion that will center on how we can prevent sexual violence, ensure that everyone feels safe at our house, and be supportive of survivors. We resolutely support the efforts of the Week of Action to promote awareness, understanding, and a campus culture that is intolerant of sexual violence. It is our hope that the closing of all social spaces this Friday will serve as an opportunity for all students of Dartmouth to reflect on their ability to combat sexual violence and support survivors

Respectfully,

The Brothers of Phi Delta Alpha

*The results of the Dartmouth Sexual Misconduct Survey, published this year, can be found at this link:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~oir/2017_sms_executive_summary.pdf