To the Dartmouth Community,

This Friday, Alpha Chi is closing its doors in a show of solidarity with survivors of sexual

violence at Dartmouth. In lieu of normal social events, we will be undergoing an internal discussion on the role we play in combating sexual violence on campus.

As the recent Survey on Sexual Misconduct has reminded us, rates of sexual violence at Dartmouth are unconscionably high. We recognize that alcohol-centric social spaces are far too often a space which can prove threatening and dangerous, especially to individuals who have not benefited from traditional power structures. Thus, we consider our participation, and that of other all-male spaces, to be of particular importance in shifting the tides toward greater awareness and accountability. As individuals, the brothers of Alpha Chi do their utmost to preserve the safety of guests in our house, and as an institution, we are continually examining and revising our methods of addressing sexual violence.

Please take this weekend as an opportunity to care for yourself, as a reminder to care for your friends, and as a call to care for the people whom you encounter across campus and whom you may not know. This is a community issue, and it takes a community to fight it.

If you or a friend has been affected by sexual violence at Dartmouth, here are some resources which you may find useful:

Counseling and Human Development (Confidential) 603-646-9442

Title IX Coordinator (Private) 603-646-0922

WISE of the Upper Valley (Confidential) 866-348-9473

Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (Confidential) 603-650-5000

For more information, please refer to the College’s sexual respect website, or contact a SAPA.

Finally, we encourage all students to attend the Take Back the Night March on Friday, April 6th to show solidarity with survivors of sexual assault at Dartmouth and abroad. The event will convene at 4:00PM in One Wheelock. We hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

The Brothers of Alpha Chi