20s... We want you!

Keep applying to lead a Sophomore Trip!!! All of us on Sophomore Trips (Strips) Directorate are absolutely STOKED to invite everyone to apply*

We are holding office hours TODAY from 3-5pm in Collis Commonground. Come thru if you have any questions about the application, to chat about the Strips program, or to discuss ideas for new trips!

*The attached application is for the Strip leader position only. If you just want to go on a Strip, be patient ya eager beaver! That application is separate and will be sent out in the next few weeks :) and yes, you can fill out both applications!

WHAT IS STRIPS?

Good question, you smart cookie, you! Sophomore Trips is a 3-day outdoors extravaganza taking place four days before sophomore summer that originated in 1999 and is based off of First-Year Trips. Strips aims to bring sophomores from all over campus together on a 3-day outing at the beginning of sophomore summer. It's an awesome way to meet new people and reconnect with your class. In the same vein as Trips, Strips is NOT meant for only people interested in the outdoors. In fact, Strips strives to provide trips for people of all backgrounds and interests.

Dates:
As a leader, you should arrive in Hanover on June 16th for the leader training. On the 17th, you’ll meet your trippees and embark on your trips; we’ll all go to the Lodj for an overnight on the 19th and be back on campus on the 20th.

WHO CAN LEAD A STRIP?

YOU!
As long as you are certified in First Aid/CPR, you are eligible to lead a Strip. NO OUTDOOR EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY TO APPLY. You do NOT need to feel “outdoorsy” or connected to the DOC to lead a Strip, or any other silly notion of a requirement. Strips gets better and better as more corners of campus unite for this 3-day experience. Whether you’d like to lead an existing trip share/teach a cool skill (cooking, painting, music-making, etc.) to your classmates, please apply!

WHY LEAD A STRIP?

Lead a Strip because you have a neat skill that you’d like to share with other people (even if it’s not a traditional Strip - we’ll brainstorm a new one with you)! Lead a Strip because you want to meet other 20s! Lead a Strip to get outside!  Lead a Strip because it’s free and you can now get PE credit for doing so!!

The Strip Leader application is available HERE and is due 11:59pm on April 8th.

We’re introducing several newer trips this year to broaden the spectrum of trips offered, like STARGAZING, COOKING, PERFORMING ARTS, PAINTING, and SURFING! And we need your help to make them happen! We also need a diverse, capable, and enthusiastic group of leaders. We promise you don’t need to love (or even like) the outdoors, only that you have an open mind and a desire to meet new people in your class :)

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out at [log in to unmask] or by speaking to one of us on directorate. We can't wait to read your application and hear what you have to share!

Much love,

Strips Directorate

Jake Klein (Director)

Libby Decker (Director)

Ben Saccone (Director)

Sean Madden (Director)

Elizabeth Nguyen (Outreach Coordinator)

Natalie Vaughan (Outreach Coordinator)

Angi Li (Risk Management Coordinator)

Courtney Stump (Risk Management Coordinator)

Al Nafea (Outdoor Logistics Coordinator)