SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS MONTH
WEEK OF ACTION SCHEDULE
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. The following events are designed in order to promote awareness, understanding and a campus culture that is intolerant of sexual violence. Please join us for our Week of Action to show your commitment to ending sexual violence here at Dartmouth.

Monday, April 2nd
Day of Action
10am-2pm in Collis
Stop by any time between 10am and 2pm on the first floor of Collis as we reflect on ways that we as individuals can help to prevent sexual violence on campus. There will be tables run by Sexperts, SPCSA, WISE, and the Week of Action Board itself.

The Round Table:  A Men’s Issue
6 pm in Haldeman 031
all men and masculine folks welcome
No previous knowledge, connection, or involvement required: If you are a man and have ever wanted to do something about sexual violence, this dinner is for you. This is a conversation by men with men about what we can do to prevent sexual violence at Dartmouth. Dinner will be provided.

Tuesday, April 3rd
Sex and Sexual Violence on Screen
7:30 pm in Loew Auditorium
A viewing and discussion of good sex, bad sex, and sexual violence portrayed in TV and movies. We will watch clips from shows like Broad City, Jessica Jones, the Mindy Project, Shameless, and more with an open discussion about how sex and sexual violence are portrayed in TV and movies.

Wednesday, April 4th
How to Help a Friend
3:30-4:30 pm in the Innovation Studio in the back of Jones Media Center
Have you ever wondered how to support a survivor of sexual violence? Would you like to have the tools to be a caring and supportive friend? Come to this workshop for information and a discussion about how to best respond when someone you care about has experienced sexual violence.

Unedited Voices
7:30 pm
at the West Lebanon Opera House
Upper Valley community members will share real experiences of domestic and sexual violence through music, dance and spoken word. A powerful evening raising awareness of gender-based violence. If you would like transportation to West Lebanon please fill out this google form.

Thursday, April 5th
Combatting Workplace Harassment
6:00 pm in Silsby 113
Open to all students
Join us for a pre-professional workshop that will prepare students entering the workplace toconfront sexual harassment.

Friday, April 6th
Yoga for Healing
9-10am in Fahey Lounge
Learn how to calm your mind and body through guided breathing exercises and gentle stretching. All levels of experience are welcome.

Take Back the Night March
4:30-5:30 pm
No one should fear the night… or the day.  Shatter the Silence.  Stop the Violence.
Come to One Wheelock at 4 pm in order to make posters for the march. The Rockapellas will kick off the march at 4:30 pm in front of Collis. After the march, we will regroup in One Wheelock for dinner and a debrief.

Events after the Week of Action…
Yasmeen Mjalli- "Not your Habibti" lecture
Monday, April 9th at 5:00 pm in Haldeman 041
Yasmeen Mjalli will speak about Arab feminism, the Israel Palestine conflict's interaction with gender, and her project at Bard College in Abu Dis, Palestine where she sat with a typewriter and invited women to share with her their stories about gender-based violence. She is now recreating this project at various colleges throughout the US.

"Not Your Habibti" typewriter project at Dartmouth
Tuesday, April 10th from 11am-4pm in Collis Common Ground
Yasmeen is inviting men and women on campus to share their stories with gender. She is interested in providing a space for all people, allowing for a personal journey of emotional relief. Similar to the original project in Palestine, she will be seated in a public space, writing down your story in real-time as you tell her one-on-one, and censoring out any names. The stories will remain anonymous and may be displayed at international exhibitions to draw attention to gender-based violence.

SPCSA Symposium
Friday, April 13th from 4-6pm in Collis Common Ground

A forum for all members of the Dartmouth community to come together to receive updates on the work that is being done towards sexual violence prevention and response. A place to share feedback and make plans for future work.

Movement Against Violence
Dartmouth College