Interested in getting involved with the Theater Department this spring? Auditions for three amazing Honors Theses productions are TONIGHT (3/27) and tomorrow (3/28). No experience necessary to audition!!!

feuille-honors_image_for_website.jpg

SHE-WOLF OF FRANCE

Performed May 19 and 20 in the Bentley Theater

An Honors Thesis Performance, conceived by Claire Feuille '18, directed by Robynn Rodriguez

A one-play adaptation of Shakespeare's version of the Wars of the Roses, as dramatized in Henry VI Parts I, II, III & Richard III. She-Wolf of France illuminates Shakespeare's version of events through the eyes of Henry VI's widow, Margaret of Anjou.

Auditions Wednesday March 28
6:30-9:30 pm
Wilson Hall Room 301
9 Actors Needed

Audition Sign Ups: HERE
Further audition details and information on how to prepare: HERE

Inline image OWAPstImg379887

THE HOUSES WITH RAMPS

Performed May 25 and 26 in the Bentley Theater

An Honors Thesis Performance, written by Lela Gannon ‘18, directed by Irma Mayorga

Throughout the twentieth century, factories in West Dallas, TX have purposefully and continuously mishandled their toxic byproducts, poisoning the homes, land, and lives of the city’s working class residents. Eventually the EPA designated West Dallas an emergency Superfund site - a place too contaminated for habitation. Yet it’s never been thoroughly cleaned up and people remain. Crafted from personal interviews with West Dallas residents conducted by Lela Gannon, The Houses with Ramps dramatizes the lives of key community members and activists who waged a decades-long battle against environmental racism that reached all the way to the Supreme Court.

Auditions Tuesday March 27 6:00-10:00 pm
Wednesday March 28 7:00-10:00 pm
Hop Rehearsal Room, Room 14
10 Actors Needed

Auditions Sign Ups: HERE
Further audition details and information on how to prepare: HERE

hair_image.jpg

HAIR
Performed May 11, 12, and 13 in the Bentley Theater

An Honors Thesis Production, directed by Virginia Ogden ‘18

An iconic American musical: then, now, & when. Hair was born out  of the most turbulent period in our recent history — the most  turbulent, that is, up until today. Exactly fifty years later, this  production points to where we are, where we’ve been, and where we might be going...

Auditions Tuesday & Wednesday, March 27-28
6:00-10:00 pm
The Bentley Theater
13-15 Actors Needed

Auditions Sign Ups: HERE

Further audition details and information on how to prepare: HERE

Remember that no experience is necessary to audition!!