Spring Term Student Farm Manager, Dartmouth Organic Farm
Ready to work in a greenhouse, plant seeds, help plan crops for the year, eat delicious, local food, learn about sustainability and teach other students through hands on learning? Seeking a student farm manager to support the day-to-day operations of the farm this spring. The student farm manager will perform necessary work in production fields and two greenhouses. Day to day activities include seeding, soil making, aquaponics systems maintenance, daily watering, building upkeep, permaculture maintenance, field preparation and more.
Additionally, the student farm manager will play a key role in coordinating and being a point of contact for student events & volunteers, classes, farm researchers, and visitors. You will lead student volunteers and PE classes in farm work, help visitors connect with the farm program through tours, workdays, and running educational workshops. Finally your job will include supporting academic & research uses of the farm. You will be responsible for fostering an inclusive and welcoming environment at the farm and will work alongside and guide co-interns and volunteers to accomplish farm goals.
If you are eager to learn about sustainability, integrated food and energy systems, organic vegetable production, bees, maple syrup, aquaponics, soil and more, this is the position for you! Previous food and agriculture experience a plus, but not necessary. Enthusiasm is a must!
In an effort to make the Dartmouth Organic Farm a more inclusive space, we are interested in hiring students with backgrounds and experiences not currently represented on our team. To get a better sense of our approach, check out our vision and values hereFarming is a physical job and the farm is located 3 miles from campus. Applicants must be able to lift 50 lbs. and transport themselves to and from the farm for their internship (car, bike, on foot, roller blade, public transportation.) Please let us know if you have any questions or would like additional information.
This internship is 20 hours per week, $10 per hour. Applications for this position are due Friday, March 9th 2018.
APPLY NOW!