Dear Dartmouth,

We are angry. We are angry that yesterday, seventeen innocent people were murdered in Parkland, Florida, and that there have been 18 school shootings so far this year alone. We are angry that every day, 315 Americans are killed by gun violence. We are angry that it seems like all we can do is share that article from the Onion, "‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens".

So we're going to do something. And we want you to join us.

Call your Senators and Representative here: (202) 224-3121

Use this script (if it's helpful):

Hello, I'm _________ from _________. I am calling to urge the Senator/Representative to pass common-sense gun control legislation, including the “Fix NICS Act,” enhanced background checks on every firearm sale, closing the domestic violence loophole, and provisions to the Federal Assault Weapons Ban that expired in 2004. Do not legalize silencers, armor-piercing bullets, and concealed carry reciprocity, and never take money from the NRA. Thank you.

You can find more talking points here: https://youlobby.org/

We will be contacting our legislators and discussing how to take action at our next meeting on Monday, 2/19, in Silsby 113 at 8 PM. All are welcome.

Demand gun control NOW.

Dartmouth College Democrats, Dartmouth's chapter of College Democrats of America, is the premier political organization at Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH. With a particular focus on political activism and issue advocacy, Dartmouth College Democrats aims to get all students at Dartmouth College involved in the political process.

*Check out our Website<http://dartmouthdemocrats.weebly.com>*
*Like Dartmouth College Democrats<https://www.facebook.com/DartmouthCollegeDemocrats> on Facebook*
*Follow Dartmouth College Democrats<https://twitter.com/@dartdems> on Twitter*