To the members of the Dartmouth community,

We, Planned Parenthood Generation Action, stand in solidarity with the Trips Director, Assistant Director, and all the members of the trips directorate as we reiterate and support what has been said in so many other letters of solidarity. We, too, stand in solidarity with not only these members of the directorate but also women, WOC, and POC, many of whom experience, have experienced, or may experience the kind of harmful sentiment and devaluation expressed in the article published by The Dartmouth. We have faith that the Directorate is an incredibly qualified group of people. While it is disturbing to see the hard work of so many dedicated women be discredited in such a way, we want to emphasize that we admire your dedication to valuing diversity in campus leadership.

Unfortunately, this incident is by no means isolated, and is representative of a much larger issue on campus. We hope that the conversation this article has brought will continue and will spark widespread collective action against the many forms of oppression and injustice faced by women, WOC, POC, and many other marginalized groups on Dartmouth’s campus.

In Solidarity,

PPGA