To the Dartmouth Community,

We, the executive board of La Alianza Latina, stand in solidarity with the First-Year Trips Director, Assistant Director, and Trips Directorate in response to the recent Op-Ed published in The Dartmouth.

As an organization that provides a space for Latinx students and other marginalized groups on campus, we condemn The Dartmouth for releasing an article containing the blatant disrespect and targeting of two women in leadership positions within the DOC. We believe that everyone has a right to feel safe and welcomed on campus; the sexist and vitriolic rhetoric within this article violates that right to safety.

In addition, this article not only undermines the achievements of individuals within the DOC, but also those of every person that belongs to a marginalized group who has attained any sort of leadership position on this campus. These people have achieved these positions because they are wholly and utterly qualified for them, not because of their status as a marginalized individual.

La Alianza Latina calls upon The Dartmouth to issue a public apology to the individuals directly targeted in the Op-Ed piece and all others that have felt personally attacked by this. We also do not understand how the frequent naming of the Trips Directors was believed to be appropriate enough to be published, and call for their names to be retracted from the article.

We will not stand for the erasure of the achievements of marginalized people on campus. We will not stand for the blatant disregard of facts. We will not stand for putting members of the Dartmouth community at risk. We will stand by for those that have been hurt.

In Solidarity,

La Alianza Latina