Dear Dartmouth,

          Women and people of color excel and will continue to succeed on this campus. They are leaders and deserve to be regarded as such. The First Year Trips directorate is no exception. Dartmouth communities will no longer tolerate attempts to take power away from women of color.
          It is easy to criticize a single perpetrator of hate speech; however, the prevalence of uncontended, toxic messages is everywhere -- in publications, in classrooms, in public and in private spaces. In order to build an inclusive Dartmouth, this community must move beyond recognizing the toxicity of others’ actions, and address the ways we create harm in our own behaviors.

In Solidarity,
The Casque and Gauntlet Society