To all of campus,

Divest Dartmouth is writing to address a recent op-ed piece titled “You’re Not Tripping” that was published in The Dartmouth. We would like to stand in solidarity with the DOC Trips Director and Assistant Director; all of Directorate; and anyone who was affected, including the communities that were directly attacked, such as womyn of color.

Divest Dartmouth firmly supports WOC who tirelessly pour their time and energy into improving Dartmouth. We would like to remind Dartmouth that due to the societal construction of the U.S., in order for womyn, WOC, and POC to obtain levels of success so easily obtained by white men requires an incredible amount of extra labor and overcoming the odds. Any strides towards justice that have been made on this campus, including making the DOC a more accessible space to those who have been historically excluded, have been achieved not because of Dartmouth, but in spite of Dartmouth.

Other campus groups, such as the Inter-Community Council, Dartmouth Spectra, SPCSA, and Link Up, have already released similar statements condemning the violence of this article and the negligence on the part of The Dartmouth for publishing it. Rather than repeating previous sentiments, we thank these groups for expending time and energy to eloquently respond. We would like to support everything already stated, and reiterate how decisions like these -- publishing articles that endanger the safety and wellbeing of marginalized students -- only further perpetuates the culture of toxic, male, white supremacy at Dartmouth.

Yours in solidarity.

Onward,

Divest Dartmouth