Do you watch every Harry Potter movie marathon when it pops up on ABC Family/Freeform?
Do you own all the books and find yourself rereading them every couple of years?
Do you feel like Harry Potter was a significant part of your childhood growing up?

If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions or are the least bit intrigued…we have something that you’re sure to love!

This Sunday at 7:30 in Occom Commons we have co-host of the Harry Potter and the Sacred Text Podcast, Vanessa Zoltan here with us on campus to talk about the podcast and share some of the practices that she utilizes when reading the Harry Potter books and analyzing them as if they were a sacred text similar to the Bible, Torah, Quran, etc. To find out more about the podcast, why they started it and why they’ve been written about in The New York Times, CNN, The Boston Globe, NPR, and have 5 stars out of an available 5 stars, check out their website: http://www.harrypottersacredtext.com/about/

To listen to an exceptionally great episode, that has garnered the most responses from listeners around the world, check out this episode where they read a chapter of the series through the lens of forgiveness: https://soundcloud.com/hpsacredtext/forgiveness-talons-and-tea-leaves-book-3-chapter-6

Finally, to get a sneak peak about how they analyze our favorite series, check out this trailer advertising the first season of the podcast, asking the question: what if you are the villain in someone else’s story? Find out what it would be like if we looked at Petunia Dursley through a different sense: https://youtu.be/iMx006_w29I

We can’t wait to have Vanessa Zoltan, who received her MS in Nonprofit Management from The University of Pennsylvania and her MDiv from Harvard Divinity School with us so soon! Come dressed up in HP costume to win a prize and bring your favorite passage from the series for an activity!
Event sponsored by The Tucker Center & Living Learning Communities at Dartmouth!

Living Learning Communities at Dartmouth

[log in to unmask]  |  603.646.8554

Goldstein Hall, McLaughlin Cluster
Www.dartmouthllcs.com