Hi Potential Idol Participant,

It's that time again... "Dartmouth Idol" time. Have you signed up yet? I highly recommend that you give it some serious thought. My name is Walt Cunningham and I am the creator/producer of Dartmouth Idol. If the answer to the above question is "no," let me share with you why you should:

1.    We look for all types of voices. The show is about diversity; thus we embrace it in every way.

2.    Hate auditions? The audition is quick (only 5 minutes long), light, low key, and fun. No cut downs here, I promise.

3.    Will you get a lot of this?

a.    You get the chance to sing with a band that is Hollywood level.

b.    As before, you will be coached by nationally acclaimed vocalists some of which have participated in national vocal competitions themselves.

c.    Your vocal range and performance level will grow after having gone through this experience.

4.    You will be exposed to amazing future performance opportunities. Past Idol finalists have performed at Jazz at Lincoln Center, Oprah Winfrey's Entertainment Incentive trip (a 17-day Mediterranean Cruise), The White House, World Bank, Ameriprise Financial Worldwide Business Conference, Venite (Lucerne Switzerland Winter Celebration), and the beautiful island of Boca Grande – to name a few.

5.    You’ll get a taste for what you can do for Dartmouth Idol besides being a soloist. There are so many other roles that need to be filled for not just the show but many of the opportunities mentioned above such as backup singers, dancers, hosts, and other participants. In our 11th year, we’re excited to explore expanding our opportunities and having you a part of our camp.

So come out, if for no other reason, so the Idol Team and I know you exist here at Dartmouth. If you don't come, we can't possibly know what you have to offer. Please take a chance. You never know what it may lead to in your future.

Best,

Walt C.