Want to adventure in the Alps?

[cid:c45b35da-bcb8-4664-be86-c304904faaf8]

APPLY FOR THE FIRST

WOMEN'S MOUNTAINEERING TRIP

The Trip:

The purpose of the trip is to provide an introductory mountaineering experience to leaders/members in the Dartmouth Outing Club that will allow them to bring back skills and knowledge to the DOC and the larger Dartmouth Community. In particular, this trip is focused on gender disparities in high-level outdoor sports, with an emphasis on women leaders in the outdoors. All genders are welcome to apply, however will be asked to write about how gender has affected them in outdoor sports.

We will be traveling to the Swiss Alps during interim between Spring and Summer Terms (likely of Graduation). The goals during the trip will be to gain knowledge of glacier travel and basic mountaineering skills, as well as summit something big! There will also be a focus on risk management within mountaineering, group dynamics and gender dynamics within the outdoor industry as a whole.

The whole trip cost is TBD. Likely it will be more expensive than typical trips, but we will work with students to make sure it is within reach. Financial Aid Applies.

The Pre-Trip:

Leading up to the trip, applicants will need to gain a basic skills involving crampons, ice-tools and mountain safety. This will be facilitated through weekend sessions during the winter. Dates/Times TBD.

We will also host group sessions during the spring term, to finish planning, honing skills and managing team dynamic. Again, Dates/Times TBD.

The Application Process:

Apply to the Trip by January 15th (TODAY) at midnight

If you have any questions, or want to learn more, please come and chat!

APPLY HERE:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1hlybNkfSBcpTic3XsWEYhozEUzyVu-mSYZJJAVSP__-c2g/viewform?usp=sf_link

Direct any other questions/concerns to [log in to unmask]

HYPE! MOUNTAINS!

Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html