GET OUTSIDE GET OUTSIDE GET OUTSIDE

We have a TON of trips going out this weekend. There are no classes Monday so this is the perfect weekend to go for a hike! Cabin & Trail offers trips of all levels from beginner (level 1) to advanced (level 5), so there's something for you no matter what your experience.

To sign up for a trip, blitz the leaders OR use the link provided. Join us for weekly hot chocolate Thursday after 2As!

If you need to borrow gear or are unsure what to wear, ask the leaders! Much of the gear can be borrowed from Dartmouth Outdoor Rentals (for free!).

Thursday

What: Robo Cocoa!

When: After 2As!

Where: Robo!

Why: Hang out with your favorite CnT peeps, drink cocoa, get warm, learn about knots (maybe?)

Level: 0!

Cost: Free!

Bring your own mug if you can!

Saturday

What: Mt. Tecumseh

When: 8am-4pm

Why: Tecumseh is the baby of the 4,000-footers! It's a long weekend! This is a great place to be introduced to winter hiking! Anna and Natalie are lots of fun!

Level: 3

Leaders: Anna Ellis and Natalie Vaughan

Cost: $5 DOC, $8 nonDOC

Blitz [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] to sign up

Saturday

What: Norwich Contra Dancing

When: 7:30 pm - 11:30 pm

Why: Contra dancing, a type of square dancing common in New England, is super fun and beginner friendly! All dances are taught, no partner is required, and you get to meet awesome people from the community outside Dartmouth.

Level: 1

Leaders: Emma Rieb

Cost: free for everybody, but bring $7 in cash to get into the dance

Blitz: [log in to unmask] to sign up

Sunday

What: Lafayette Hike!

When: 8:00am to 6:00pm

Why: Because just like Lafayette in Hamilton, you are not throwing away your shot...to do this incredible 8 mile hike! The terrain will be steep, varied, and possibly icy, but we'll have microspikes for that. Join us for good food and great views!

Level: 4

Leaders: Anna Ellis, Bryton Moeller (heeling)

Cost: DOC: $8, non-DOC: $12

Blitz [log in to unmask] with Dash #, shoe size and dietary restrictions to sign up!

Sunday

What: Mt Cube!! 6 ish miles in the snow (with snowshoes!)

When: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm!

Why:  it'll be a cubular view of the snowy mountains!!!

Level : 3

Leaders: Lily Hanig & Kevin Donohue

Cost: $ 5 doc/$ 10 not-yet-doc

Link: https://goo.gl/forms/JI7KNsokhDahVekp2

Sunday

What: An overnight in Harris, a big beautiful cabin, with a quick sunrise hike in the morning!

When: 6:30pm on Sunday to 9am on Monday (No classes on Monday!!)

Why:  Because we'll eat great food and go hiking!

Level : 1

Leaders: Dev Jhaveri and Naomi Miller

Cost: $1 for all!

Link: https://goo.gl/forms/oo1ST2PpbvPpDvGA3

Sunday

What: Mt. Ascutney

When: 8AM - around 2PM

Why: This 7.5 mile, steep terrain hike will the highlight of your weekend. Great weather and great vibes expected, you won't regret it. Also expect a plethora of corny dad jokes from Ethan. Why wouldn't you come?!

Level: 3.5

Leaders: Dad aka Oats aka Ethan Smith and Justin Luo

Cost: $5 for DOC members, $7 for non-DOC members.

Link: https://goo.gl/forms/JxkTKmBl3dfdonme2

Sunday

What: Mt. Cardigan Hike

When: 11:30-4

Why: Fellow crunchy CnT people to "chill" with

Level : 2

Leaders: Lily Zhang and Ben Schelling

Cost: DOC members: $3, Non-DOC members: $5

Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc4LZejlbif_6VwbWbJm8LYjsMBEBRa7ca6gBQ-E4Gu6wiCSA/viewform

Monday

MLK Day Mt Cardigan Hike

Times: 9 AM - 1:30 PM

Start your MLK Day off right with a hike up Mt. Cardigan with John and me!

Level 2.5

Trip Leaders: John Brady and Gaurav Varma

$3 DOC $5 not-yet-DOC

Sign up here! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScw7dkrGhFhc8syEyDxX5CSqNdOvJyOd8b-5hK6afUYxAMhPg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Monday

What: A hike to, and then up Balch Hill (and then back)

When: Monday 1:00-3:30

Why: A pretty easy hike that will be fun, so come!

Level : 1, pretty easy

Leaders: Adam Burnett and Madylin Partridge

Cost: $2

Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1n0PJLsd8pZrP9lOVW5Dqb-6MDu7QhD94RZQnfQFe2UI/edit

Monday

What: Mt. Pierce

When: Monday 8-4

Why: celebrate MLK day by brushing up on one of the lesser-known U.S. presidents but more importantly snow!! and mountains!! and some fairly alright people we promise we are fun!!!

Level: 3, (6 miles)

Leaders: Anna Ellis and Rachel Kent

Cost: $5 DOC, $8 non-DOC

Link: just email [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] your dash, dietary restrictions, and shoe size:)

 Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity over $10: http://outdoors.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html