Hi all,

Please consider joining ASPIRE, a FANTASTIC opportunity to work with children on the autistic spectrum and bond with such amazing kids! It would mean a lot to have as many volunteers as possible, and continue spreading kindness across campus and beyond!

Smiles,

Random Acts of Kindness

***See the message below from our ASPIRE leaders for more information***

Welcome to ASPIRE 18W!!

Hi volunteers!!

We, the Upper Valley Special Needs Support Center, and the families we work with are so appreciative of your time and energy given to the kids and ASPIRE!

For those of you new to Dartmouth, welcome! We really hope that you will consider making one of the ASPIRE groups part of your weekly routine as it's a lot of fun and the kids really benefit from seeing the same faces throughout the term. We are expecting a lot of kids this year and really need enough volunteers to meet the minimum child to volunteer ratio for everyone to have a safe and enjoyable time!

Just to recap what we do, ASPIRE is a volunteer opportunity for Dartmouth students sponsored by the SNSC. Student volunteers run three groups held once a week throughout the academic year with primary goals of helping participating children who are on the Autism spectrum to develop their play, communication and social interaction skills in non-academic settings. The three groups are:
Swim group- Fridays 4-5pm, leave campus at 3:30pm at Upper Valley Aquatic Center
STEPS- Saturdays 1-3pm, leave campus at 12:30pm at Green Mountain Center
Playgroup- Saturdays 1-3pm, leave campus at 12:30pm at Green Mountain Center

All transportation to & from the locations is covered by our program, Green Mountain Center & UVAC are approximately 15 minutes away from campus by car. I've attached an info sheet that includes much more on each group specifically.

If you are interested in volunteering this term, there is a mandatory training today, WEDNESDAY (01/10) 5:15-6pm in Baker 152. If you are unable to attend, please blitz [log in to unmask] ASAP and mention which group you would like to volunteer with.

Please let us know if you have any questions or blitz [log in to unmask]

Thank you so much!!
Valentina & Shash (co-chairs of ASPIRE)
Pam & Debra (SNSC)
Izzy & Maddy (swim group chairs)