Submissions are DUE MONDAY, January 8!

Winter Carnival Council invites submissions for

the WINTER CARNIVAL POSTER OR T-SHIRT
based on the theme:

SNOW WARS:
May the FROST be with You

The chosen POSTER SUBMISSION wins $400
‪The chosen T-SHIRT DESIGN wins $250

‪Concerning posters and t-shirts, please be aware of the following guidelines:

  • Posters & T-Shirt design submissions should reflect the theme, “SNOW WARS: May the FROST be with You."
  • This theme should be combined with a strong connection to Dartmouth and traditional winter events. The words "Dartmouth Winter Carnival" must appear somewhere on the poster & shirt design.
  • Designs MUST be original content and may not include trademarked or copywritten characters, names, or images*
    • References to science fiction/space travel concepts (e. g. space travel, aliens, droids, other worlds) are permissible. Clear parody may also be permissible. If you have any questions about whether your idea/design is permissible under this standard, please feel free to bltiz [log in to unmask] and we will be happy to review the design and advise you.
  • Any medium is acceptable.
  • Posters should be created at 'poster size/proportions’ (24” x 30" or 24” x 36”) so that we do not need to blow up the poster and ruin the quality of your work.
  • Digital designs can be saved at a smaller size for submission to reduce file size.
  • To keep the printing cost down, your t-shirt design may contain at most 2-3 colors.
  • You may submit more than one design.

Submission Process:

  • Posters can be submitted via upload to OrgSync at this link, or dropped off to Collis 303 (for t-shirt designs, digital submission is encouraged).
  • Digital submissions should fit the following specifications:
    • 300 DPI, CMYK color
    • Digital designs can be saved at a smaller size for submission to reduce file size
    • Please submit using .jpeg or .pdf file (if selected we will ask for your original file: .psd, .ai, etc.)

‪Deadline: Monday, January 8th