This weekend, temperatures could get as low as -30°F.   Doesn’t cozying up inside and finalizing your design submissions for our poster/t-shirts sound better than braving the Hoth-like<http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hoth> temperatures outside??  We thought so too!

Information is below…

Don’t forget submissions are DUE MONDAY, January 8!

Winter Carnival Council invites submissions for
the WINTER CARNIVAL POSTER OR T-SHIRT
based on the theme:

SNOW WARS:
May the FROST be with You

‪The chosen POSTER SUBMISSION wins $400
‪The chosen T-SHIRT DESIGN wins $250

‪Concerning posters and t-shirts, please be aware of the following guidelines:

  *   Posters & T-Shirt design submissions should reflect the theme, “SNOW WARS: May the FROST be with You."
  *   This theme should be combined with a strong connection to Dartmouth and traditional winter events. The words "Dartmouth Winter Carnival" must appear somewhere on the poster & shirt design.
  *   Designs MUST be original content and may not include trademarked or copywritten characters, names, or images*
     *   References to science fiction/space travel concepts (e. g. space travel, aliens, droids, other worlds) are permissible. Clear parody may also be permissible. If you have any questions about whether your idea/design is permissible under this standard, please feel free to bltiz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and we will be happy to review the design and advise you.
  *   Any medium is acceptable.
  *   Posters should be created at 'poster size/proportions’ (24” x 30" or 24” x 36”) so that we do not need to blow up the poster and ruin the quality of your work.
  *   Digital designs can be saved at a smaller size for submission to reduce file size.
  *   To keep the printing cost down, your t-shirt design may contain at most 2-3 colors.
  *   You may submit more than one design.

Submission Process:

  *   Posters can be submitted via upload to OrgSync at this link<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Forgsync.com%2F126597%2Fforms%2F288885&data=02%7C01%7CGregory.M.Potter%40dartmouth.edu%7Cd303ebee003749e360fe08d540d44600%7C995b093648d640e5a31ebf689ec9446f%7C0%7C0%7C636486202838773384&sdata=%2BgS13vDo4WDIJDnzwDrMiu6eJqHi1m%2B%2FGBpaO0uAby8%3D&reserved=0>, or dropped off to Collis 303 (for t-shirt designs, digital submission is encouraged).
  *   Digital submissions should fit the following specifications:
     *   300 DPI, CMYK color
     *   Digital designs can be saved at a smaller size for submission to reduce file size
     *   Please submit using .jpeg or .pdf file (if selected we will ask for your original file: .psd, .ai, etc.)

‪Deadline: Monday, January 8th