Dear Friends,

We would like to extend an invitation for you to join the students of Dartmouth College’s MALS 364/ ENGL 53.4 /WGSS 66.5 "Telling Stories for Social Change” along with the residents of Valley Vista Rehab Center, for a collaborative and original end of term performance.

This Experiential Learning course, co-taught by Pati Hernandez and Ivy Schweitzer, offers students the unique opportunity to study our increasingly elusive war on drugs from two distinct perspectives, theoretical and practical. Students have focused on the issues patients face both inside and outside rehab; addiction, recovery, and stigma, while simultaneously exploring facilitation with critical analysis and self-reflection on the effectiveness of Experiential Learning and performance in rehabilitation.

We would like you to join us in the culmination of this course – the creation and performance of an original production that focuses on the voices of patients.

The performances are scheduled for THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND and FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3RD at VALLEY VISTA REHAB CENTER. The time for both performances is 7:00 pm.  Ride-sharing will be provided if needed; just let us know when you fill up the form.

Valley Vista

23 Upper Plain

Bradford, VT 05033

Phone(802) 222-5201

IMPORTANT: If you would like to attend please SIGN UP before October 31st.

If you plan to attend the performance at Valley Vista:

· Please arrive at the facility at 6:30 pm so you have time to check in and find a seat

· Bring only a photo ID and car keys, leave everything else in your car i.e. cell phone, purse, etc.

· Please abstain from chewing gum and wearing revealing clothing.

Directions

Dartmouth College to Valley Vista Rehab Center: Head west on East Wheelock Street. Turn right to merge onto I-91 North. Take exit 16 for VT-25 toward US-5/Bradford/Barre. Turn right onto VT-25 S (signs for US-5/Piermont NH/Bradford/Newbury). Turn left onto Old Creamery Rd. Turn right onto Mill St. Turn right onto S Main St. Turn left onto Lower Plain/Main Street and the destination will be on your left in a little less than a mile.

We hope to see many of you at the performance,

Pati Hernández and Ivy Schweitzer