As some of you may heard on October 12, 2017, Viviana, a Senior at Yale, petitioned for her father, Melecio Andazola Morales, 42, to obtain permanent stay in the United States. When Viviana and her father arrived in Denver for an interview, ICE agents detained Melecio, separated him from his daughter and lawyer, and transferred him to the ICE Denver Contract Detention Facility in Aurora, CO. Melecio Andazola Morales is father to four children, the youngest of whom is only two years old. He has been living and working in Denver for nearly 20 years. He has no criminal record, and all his children are U.S. citizens. On October 13, an official order of deportation was issued for Melecio. He remains in detention without the anxiety meds he seriously needs.

In an effort to demonstrate solidarity we will be gathering in front of Baker Library today October 17, 2017, at 12:15pm to take a picture. This picture will be a part of a larger campaign that Yale students are organizing to bring attention to the issue and gather support for Viviana and her family.

Please like/share the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/freemelecio/

And sign this petition for his immediate removal from custody: https://action.mijente.net/petitions/release-melecio-andazola-morales-from-detention

GoFund Me for Legal Fees: https://www.gofundme.com/support-melecio-andazola-morales

Dartmouth Coalition For Immigration Reform, Equality and DREAMers (CoFIRED)
"...Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..."
Stay Connected to Dartmouth CoFIRED:
Facebook| Twitter | Website