As part of LGBTQIA+ History Month and its Celebration, we are sharing historical events relevant to the Celebration!??

This Week in History......

To celebrate the start of LGBTQIA+ History Month, we will be sharing various historical events that happened through out the week. Learn more about a few historical events below!

On October 12, 1998.....

19 years ago today, Matthew Shepard a 21 year old student at the University of Wyoming was a victim of a hate crime. As an openly gay individual, he was targeted at a bar.
His story marked changes in legislation, leading Obama to pass the Matthew Shepard's Hate Crime Prevention Act. A film and play were based on this incident, creating a space for dialogue.
Read More

Current Event:

Redesigned Pride Flag

"The stripes represent LGBT individuals of color, a group that can often be overlooked within the overall LGBT umbrella. The stripes represent LGBT individuals of color, a group that can often be overlooked within the overall LGBT umbrella."

Keep Reading

Queer Spotlight:
Michelle Rodriguez
(1978-)

"One of the most successful Latina actresses around, Michelle Rodriguez, identifies as bi. She's often had her personal life overshadow her talent and her involvement in impossibly successful franchises."- Mic.com

Have you seen the Collis Atrium?!?! HERE is a guide on the flags!

Not on the LGBTQIA+ Student Life Listserv? Want to be?

Click the link

https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A0=Dartmouth-LGBTQA-life
Log in with your Dartmouth e-mail

Click subscribe!

This email was sent to [log in to unmask]
Office of Pluralism and Leadership · 211 Collis Center · Hanover, NH 03755 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp