Dear Friends,

Welcome to fall term!  Join us tonight for our first Theology on Tap of the term, where our topic will be Foreigners.  In particular, we’ll discuss them as they relate to the proposed end of the DACA program and this passage from Leviticus that showed up in my newsfeed today:

            When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them.  The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born.  Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt.  I am the Lord your God.

Here are some questions to mull over in the meantime:

            What is a foreigner?  What uses does the term serve in modern America?  In scripture?

            What is an immigrant?  A migrant?  An alien?  An expat?  How do they differ from foreigners?

We’ll meet at 9pm tonight at the Canoe Club downtown.  There will be free drinks and garlic fries.  We hope to see you there!

Peace,

Peter