HEY ALL YOU BURLY PEOPLE,

If you'd like to chop wood with the Dartmouth Woodsmen Team* in the woods, you would be welcome to come out to join us today (Thursday 9/14) from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM or Sunday (9/17) from 10 AM to 12 PM.  Meet behind Robo for a ride.

The forecast says scattered thunderstorms today in the afternoon.  While we don't mind practicing in a light rain, a downpour and lightning means that we'll head inside to do work on the tools we use to compete.  You are all welcome and encouraged to come, and we'll all hope that the weather passes us by, but if it doesn't, keep in mind we might have to go inside.  ON THE OTHER HAND, SUNDAY LOOKS BEAUTIFUL, SO WE ARE 100% GONNA PRACTICE LIKE WE'VE NEVER PRACTICED BEFORE.

If you'd like to join us today, make sure you bring a rain jacket and a warmish layer, in addition to the normal water, closed toe shoes, and clothes you don't mind getting dirty.

If you'd like to join the listserv, fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/iRM5zGV8iJxYUMzc2

See you soon!

John Brady, Captain

*More information about the team: We are a competitive lumberjacking team.  We compete a couple of times a term with other schools from the area in events modeled after traditional lumberjack activities (felling trees, cutting them up, burning them, etc.).  We hold totally open practices a few times a week, where you (yes, you) can learn and practice events for an upcoming meet or just for your own enjoyment (or best, both!!!).  There is no minimum nor maximum commitment, we love having beginners and are always looking for more dedicated competitors.  It's a good workout and a great way to get outside.  Blitz me ([log in to unmask]) with any questions!