Want to help a peer improve their speaking ability in a foreign language?

Become a Conversation Partner!

·       Conversation Partners are students who are fluent in a foreign language who provide other students with speaking, listening, and communication practice. They do not teach grammar or help with course work.

·       Rate of pay: $8/hour

·       Up to 2 hours per week conversing in the language of study

To become a conversation partner, you must have a professor recommendation and fill out a 17X application. Visit the Academic Skills Center webpage for more information.

We are currently seeking Japanese, Russian, French and Spanish Conversation Partners! However, you may also apply for other languages as we are still receiving requests.

Note: you do not have to have taken a language class at Dartmouth to become a Conversation Partner. You may ask a professor to evaluate your speaking in the language in question through a short conversation.

Do you want to practice speaking a language or prepare for an LSA?

Request a Conversation Partner!

·       Everyone can receive FREE Conversation Partner services for up to 2 hours/week.

·       Fill out a request or visit the Academic Skills Center webpage for more information.

The Tutor Clearinghouse

Academic Skills Center | Dartmouth College

224 Baker Library | 603.646.9893