**THIS WEEK IN SUSTAINABILITY**

Brought to you by the Office of Sustainability and Green Groups Directorate

WEDNESDAYWEDNESDAYWEDNESDAY

HANOVER FARMER’S MARKET, 3:00PM-6:00PM, THE DARTMOUTH GREEN

Join vendors from all over the Upper Valley and purchase fresh produce, cheese, bread, fruit, enjoy live music, fresh popcorn and more!

THURSDAYTHURSDAYTHURSDAY

OFFICE HOURS, 12PM-2PM, ROBO 108

Want to get involved in sustainability on campus? Have a random sustainability question? Just want to hang out and eat some yummy baked goods? Visit us for office hours, every week on Thursdays.

DOGGIE HAMLET, 4:30PM and 7:00PM, DARTMOUTH GREEN

This meditative, largely wordless spectacle weaves together dance, theater and the eloquent art of sheepherding. Known for award-winning, one-of-a-kind works in unconventional settings, Carlson here is freely inspired by David Wroblewski’s best-selling 2008 novel The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, Shakespeare’s Hamlet and Kipling’s The Jungle Book. Humans, sheep (from Strafford resident Stephen Wetmore) and several finely trained sheepdogs collaborate on choreography composed of everyday movement and the herd’s swoops and flourishes against the green backdrop. This event is FREE and open to the public. Between the two performances, join us on the Hop patio for spinning, weaving, carding and felting demonstrations, hosted by local wool fiber artisans!

DARTMOUTH ORGANIC FARM PICNIC PAVILION RAISING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! VARIOUS SHIFTS, THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY

This summer we are kicking off the season by building a new timber framed picnic pavilion area! This roughly 25' x 40' open air structure will provide sun/rain shelter & seating space for classes, student events, and dog walkers & vista viewers.  The pavilion will be located between the big white barn & the old pizza oven which has fallen into disrepair. This past spring, an engineering class designed a new pizza oven for the farm and we can’t wait to test it out and enjoy fresh cooked pizza, farm fresh salad, and all of your company in our new space.

We are currently looking for some volunteers to help out with this project! We will need:

Thursday 6/29: Raising of structure with crane

Friday 6/30:

Saturday 7/1:

 We will be having a pizza party to christen the new oven on Saturday evening, so come help out for a few hours on Thursday, Friday or Saturday and reap the rewards of your hard work with a delicious slice of freshly made pizza on Saturday! SIGN UP FOR A SHIFT HERE. RIDES PROVIDED!

FRIDAYFRIDAYFRIDAY

HARVEST WORKDAY AT DARTMOUTH ORGANIC FARM, 8AM-10AM, RIDES LEAVING FROM BEHIND ROBO AT 8AM

Come get out to the farm on this beautiful day! Work on the farm, relax in the sun or get some studying done

COLLIS FARM STAND, COLLIS CENTER, 3:00PM-4:30PM

Come to Collis for the freshest, most local produce available in Hanover! We’ll have kale, chard, basil from the Dartmouth Organic Farm and lots of yummy local cheeses, berries, snacks, pasta and more from around the Upper Valley! Accepting cash and DBA.

SATURDAYSATURDAYSATURDAY

NORWICH FARMERS MARKET, 9AM-1PM, ROUTE 5

The summer market are held on Saturdays from 9:00-1:00, May through October at our outdoor location on Route 5, 1.5 miles south of Norwich village. Come support local farmers, eat some delicious food and enjoy live music!

PICNIC PAVILION OPENING, 5PM-7PM, DARTMOUTH ORGANIC FARM

Join us in celebrating the opening of our brand-new picnic pavilion with some fresh and delicious pizza made in the new wood-fired pizza oven! Featuring fresh vegetables from the Dartmouth Organic Farm, beautiful views and excellent company.