Did you know that Ben Franklin turned $4500 into over 6,000,000 charitable dollars by holding onto an investment for over one hundred years after his death? At our last meeting of the term we'll be discussing the benefits of giving sooner vs. later and trying to decide when is the best time to give.

(This week's meeting is in Collis 221 rather than Collis 218, and runs from 4:30 to 6pm.)

http://paidpost.nytimes.com/franklin-templeton/investing-in-the-future-200-years-in-the-past.html

paidpost.nytimes.com
More than 200 years after winning a revolution and building a powerful nation, the U.S. founding fathers continue to make a difference in people’s lives.

Here are Paul Christiano's thoughts https://rationalaltruist.com/2013/06/10/the-best-reason-to-give-later/.
rationalaltruist.com
I’ve written about saving vs. giving before, focusing on the issue of interest rates vs. returns on good deeds. But for now, I think there is a much more compelling ...