Dear Friends,

We would like to extend an invitation for you to join the students of Dartmouth College’s MALS 364/ ENGL 53.4 /WGSS 66.5 "Telling Stories for Social Change” along with the male inmates of Sullivan County House of Corrections, for a collaborative and original end of term performance. This Experiential Learning course, co-taught by Pati Hernandez and Ivy Schweitzer, offers students the unique opportunity to study our increasingly elusive, ever-growing incarceration system from two distinct perspectives, theoretical and practical. Students have focused on the issues prisoners face both inside and outside prison; incarceration, rehabilitation, and transition, while simultaneously exploring facilitation with critical analysis and self-reflection on the effectiveness of Experiential Learning and performance in rehabilitation. We would like you to join us in the culmination of this course – the creation and performance of an original production that focuses on the voices of inmates.

The performances are scheduled for THURSDAY, MAY 18TH and FRIDAY, MAY 19TH at the Sullivan County House of Corrections.

The time for both performances is 7:00 pm. Note the change from 6:30pm! There will be ride-sharing available, if you are in need of transportation to and from the facility.

Sullivan County House of Corrections

103 County Farm Road

Claremont, NH 03743-7302

Tel: (603) 542-8717

IMPORTANT: If you would like to attend please SIGN UP before May 14th

If you plan to attend the performance at the Sullivan County House of Corrections:

·  Please arrive at the facility at 6:30pm so you have time to check in and find a seat

·  Bring only a photo ID and car keys, leave everything else in your car i.e. cell phone, purse, etc.

·  Please abstain from chewing gum and wearing revealing clothing.

Directions

Dartmouth College to Sullivan County House of Corrections: Follow Above- Continue to follow Broad St. Slight left at Chestnut St. Continue onto Chestnut St Exn. Continue onto 2nd New Hampshire Turnpike. Continue onto County Farm Rd. Arrive at Sullivan County Jail House.

https://goo.gl/forms/CSNsu3nfUH2Putsg1

goo.gl

We would like to extend an invitation for you to join the students of Dartmouth College’s Eng 53.4/MALS 364/ WGST 66.5 "Telling Stories for Social Change” along with the residents of Sullivan County House for Corrections, for a collaborative and original end of term performance. Thursday, May 18th & Claremont Opera House 58 Opera House Square Claremont, NH Tel: (603) 542-4433 Friday, May 19th at 6:30pm Sullivan County House of Corrections 103 County Farm Rd Claremont, NH 03743 Phone: (603) 542-8717 If you would like to come to the performances, please provide your name and contact information below. Once we've received your sign up you will be sent an e-mail confirmation within 24 hours. Please note full names must be on the list in order for you to be admitted. Please bring your ID's with you. Due to the limited number of seats, please sign up only if you are positive you can attend. First come, first serve. Thank you in advance for your understanding. *You privacy and personal information is very import

We hope to see many of you at the performance,

Pati Hernández and Ivy Schweitzer