When Pan Asian experiences span the globe, how do we define home?

Is home a physical entity, a location that can be traced on the great map of the world, or is home an abstract concept, the solace we find in our loved ones and communities? Home may very well be something that changes as we navigate our different identities through different spaces.

The nuances in how we define home then suggest that home exists as the individual journey we embark on: a voyage unique to all of us, one in which we find or create our own haven. APAHM’s theme this year focuses on this remarkable trek: understanding the home we come from, the home we live in today, and the home we strive towards.

Like APAHM at Dartmouth on FB for more details and updates!

APAHM KICK-OFF

Monday, May 1st | 6 - 8 PM | Rockefeller Hinman Forum

EXPRESSION, RESISTANCE, AND HEALING WITH ART IN THE QUEER/ASIAN COMMUNITY: A PANEL
Thursday, May 4th | 6 - 8 PM | Occom Commons
Followed by ZINES 101: AN INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP

In collaboration with PRIDE 2017& the Asian & Asian American LLC

APAHM KEYNOTE: LINDA SARSOUR

Friday, May 12th | 5 - 6 PM | Dartmouth Hall 105

NIGHTMARKET

Saturday, May 13th | 5 - 7 PM | Sarner Underground
Presented by the Dartmouth Asian Organization

AESTHETICS, THE BODY, AND THE EVERYDAY: CONTESTING IMAGINARIES OF EMPIRE: A PANEL

Wednesday, May 17th | 4 - 6 PM | Silsby 028

Presented by the Society of Fellows

PAN ASIAN FASHION EXHIBITION

Wednesday, May 17th | 8 - 9:30 PM | Sarner Underground

TRANSPACIFIC MOVEMENTS AND ARTICULATIONS: ALTERNATIVE PRODUCTIONS OF MIGRATION: A PANEL

Friday, May 19th | 4 - 6 PM | Haldeman 041

Presented by the Society of Fellows

“WHERE ARE THE ASIANS?” PANEL

Wednesday, May 24th | 5:30 - 7 PM | Collis Commonground

Presented by Asian/American Students for Action

KOREAN CULTURE NIGHT

Friday, May 26th | 7 - 9 PM | Collis Commonground

Presented by the Korean Students Association

SEOUL FOOD

Saturday, May 27th | 11 - 4 PM | Collis Patio

Presented by the Korean Students Association and Alpha Phi Alpha

REFLECTIONS: PAN ASIAN COMMUNITY GALA

Saturday, May 27th | 3 - 5 PM | Rauner Library

DANCE ACROSS CULTURES

Saturday, May 27th | 7 - 8:30 PM | Collis Commonground

Presented by the Dartmouth Asian Dance Troupe

COLLIS ATRIUM DISPLAYS

Like APAHM at Dartmouth on FB for more details and updates!