Dear Dartmouth community,

On behalf of Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated (OPBSI), we would like to introduce ourselves and share some insight in regards to our organization and how you can give back to your community.

The purpose of Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. is to Serve and Educate people of diverse backgrounds through sisterhood, leadership, and guidance. As positive role models, we promote unity of all cultures, focus on the empowerment of our gender, and raise the standards of excellence in our academic, social, and personal endeavors. Our philanthropy is raising awareness of violence against women, in addition to having seven goals.

The fifth of these seven goals is:

To be politically inclined in order to overcome the injustices suffered by our gender in our society.

OPBSI constantly focuses on this goal through:

  • Political activism through rallies, community meetings, and programming
  • Voter registration for young adults across college campuses
  • Writing to legislative officials and working with other politically inclined organizations to seek solutions to common day problems

OPBSI hosts various political events discussing laws, economic implications, international affairs, and other facets. We believe in order to be educated, one cannot simply learn about his or her subject area – one must be politically inclined and understand the issues occurring internationally in order to make a difference.

We hope you can take some of these examples and stay up to date with political affairs!

Best wishes,

Sisters of OPBSI.

www.OmegaPhiBeta.org

Office of Greek Life
Dartmouth College
Collis Center  |  Suite 211 | HB 6196 | Hanover, NH 03755
603.646.2399