so many trips - so much winter!

THIS WEEK IN CABIN AND TRAIL

To sign up for any trip, blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you would like to pay in cash. Please also send any dietary restrictions and any gear you want to borrow (for free) for the trip.  Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot. Financial aid is available for DOC members if the trip costs more than $10. If you are not a DOC member, you can become one by visiting Robinson Hall 119 to sign up.

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

What: the FEED!
When: 7PM! Walking train leaving from behind Robo at 6:45!
Where: the Rock! (16 Sargent Street)
Why: Food is filling and friends are fulfilling
Who's cooking? Tim Messen
Cost: $4

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY
What: Dinertoure
When 7:30 back by 10As, meet behind ROBO
Why: As the dark days of winter fade, and the new light of this year shine down upon us, I begin to ponder the essential nature of alarm clocks, and their failings to. Timeliness is everything we're told, yet countless times I've surveyed from my kingdom (a.k.a my room overlooking the path betwixt the gym and Dartmouth Hall) and found students rushing to make their early classes, knowing all to well that they have slept in. How could this be so? In an age of technology should we not be kept from this most egregious of errors? Doth we not have the will, or the way, to start fresh everyday with ample time?
I BESEECH YOU, oh Dartmouth students young and old, do not allow the shackles of slumber to grip you tight in bed. RISE. Fight against the "sleep" in your eyes, prevail over your night of festivities or studies, be like the fiery phoenix rising from the ashes, and join me in an epic adventure of pancakes, coffee, and whatever breakfast foods suit your fancy.

Cost:Free ride, bring small bills
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

What: WINTERFEST!!!!!!!
When:4-8pm
Where: Occom Pond and the DOC house
Why: Do you like free skating and skiing, full moons, tiki torches, live music, warm home-made soup and bread?
Cost: Free!!
No need to sign up, just show up! blitz [log in to unmask] with questions

What; North Twin/Billings Overnight
When: Fri. 7:30–Sat. 5:00 PM
Why: Overnight! 4000-footer! Views!
Leaders: Nick Thyr, Sean Madden
Cost: $7 DOC, $13 not-yet
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
What: Mount Tecumseh!
When: 9am - 2pm
Why: 4000 ft views of the winter wilderness, plus snacks
Leaders: Will Jelsma and Emily Charland
Cost: $5 DOC, $8 non-DOC
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

What: Mount Lafayette
When: Leave campus at 7, return by 6.
Why: This strenuous hike has challenging climbs, beautiful scenery, and gorgeous views of Franc Ridge. In fact, the trip is so stunning that we're already at capacity, so anyone else interested would have to sign up for a wait list.
Leaders: Anna Ellis, Kate Dumanian, Sarah LeHan
Cost: $7 DOC, $12 non-DOC
Blitz [log in to unmask] to sign up!

What: Contra Dancing!
When: Saturday, 7:45 PM – 11ish (negotiable)
Why: Because Contra dancing is super fun, and we have one in Norwich!
Leaders: Matt West '17 (just a ride)
Cost: $0 DOC, $1 non-DOC for the ride. Bring $6 cash for dance admission
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
What: Cube!
When: 9am-3pm
Why: It's a 3D object and a sick hike! ~7 miles and hopefully with some butt sliding
Leaders: Dev Jhaveri and Libby Decker
Cost: $5 DOC, $7 non-DOC
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

What: Black Mountain Hike
When: 9:00am-2:30pm
Why: Who wouldn't want to spend a nice day on a 4-mile hike with great views?
Leaders: Adam Burnett and James Park
Cost: $5 DOC, $8 non-DOC
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

What: Harris Cabin Overnight
When: 8pm Sunday-10am Monday
Why: Harris is an awesome Cabin with room for tons of people, and there's no class on Monday!
Leaders: Lauren Mendelsohn and Andrew Crutchfield
Cost: $1 DOC and $5 non-DOC
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY

What: WHAT THE FIELD?! Actually that's 3 beautiful mountains, Willey, Tom and Field
When: 8am-5pm
Why: Adventure! and three 4000 footers to put on your resume (11.2 mi round trip)
Who: Lainie Caswell and Tian Hao Zhang
Cost: $5 doc, $9 non-doc
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

What: Mt. Ascutney
When: Monday 9am-4pm
Why: Because no school! And great views! And chocolate and perhaps even some cake! This trip is of moderate intensity and is around 7 miles.
Leaders: Hunter Dominick and Anna Ellis
Cost: $5 for DOC members and $8 for not yet DOC members
Blitz: [log in to unmask]

 Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity over $10: http://outdoors.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html