Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Hello all,

It might be early in term, but it's never too early to start preparing professionally!

For the first time, DMBA will be holding biweekly meetings targeted towards underclassmen. Each meeting, we will cover different roles in Finance, Consulting, and Tech/Entrepreneurship as well as how to best pursue opportunities in this these fields. Please join us for the first meeting this Wednesday, January 11th, from 6 pm - 7 pm at Kemeny 006.

As usual, we also have some opportunities for you:

IMDP EXPLORE

Are you interested in learning about investment careers at one of the world's largest investment management companies? If the answer is yes, then we have a great opportunity for you - Vanguard's IMDP EXPLORE day! Named for our new Investment Management Development Program (IMDP), this event features a full schedule of networking and professional development, plus a tour of the campus. The IMDP EXPLORE day is perfect for underclassmen who want to learn from an industry leader with over 3 trillion dollars in assets under management.

The event will be held on Friday February 17th at our Malvern, PA headquarters. Vanguard will arrange and pay for travel expenses to and from the event for those selected to attend. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to[log in to unmask] by Friday January 13th. To qualify, you must be a current undergraduate student with a strong interest in Investment Management, a 3.2 or above GPA, and demonstrated leadership on campus. It is strongly preferred that you have relevant investment experience on your resume, such as internships or club and organization involvement. We hope that you will join us for this dynamic experience!

Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for opportunities discussed at this event.

Belvedere Trading

At Belvedere Trading, our externs have the opportunity to gain insight into our trading and technology departments through a unique, one-day job shadowing opportunity in March. An extern will learn more about the firm and our job roles including our Trader Trainee, Hybrid Trader Trainee, Software Engineer, and Business Analyst positions.

Over the course of a day, externs will spend time with our technology teams shadowing a Business Analyst to see how they work directly with our Traders and Software Developers to invent and improve our proprietary software. Externs will also learn about options market making while shadowing the trading desks. They will rotate between different commodity and equity products to gain insight into the different products and methods by which we trade.

While spending the day in our office, an extern will witness the teamwork and open communication between the trading and technology departments which contribute to our unique company culture.

If interested, you may apply here!

A few tips:

• The externship is geared towards providing undergraduate students exposure to our industry

• Students can select their preferred date : March 2nd, March 9th, March 16th, or March 23rd

• Externs must be willing to cover all transportation costs to and from the Belvedere Trading office.

• All candidates must have GPA listed on their resumes for consideration.

• Application deadline is Wednesday, January 11th, 2017.

• Selected externs will be notified by end of January about next steps!

Best,

DMBA Exec Board

Abdul Agboola '19, President

Jiarui Wang '18, Secretary