Winter Carnival Council invites submissions for the WINTER CARNIVAL POSTER OR T-SHIRT

based on the theme:

Dartmouth College of Icecraft & Blizzardry:

A Magical Winter Carnival

‪The chosen POSTER SUBMISSION wins $400

‪The chosen T-SHIRT DESIGN wins $250

‪Concerning posters and t-shirts, please be aware of the following guidelines:

•   ‪Posters & T-Shirt design submissions should reflect the theme, “Dartmouth College of Icecraft & Blizzardry: A Magical Winter Carnival."

•   This theme should be combined with a strong connection to Dartmouth and traditional winter events.

•   Designs MUST be original content and may not include trademarked or copywritten properties, names, or images*

- References to widespread magical concepts (e. g. wizards, wands, spells, potions, castles, magical creatures) are permissible

•   ‪Any medium is acceptable

•   ‪Posters should be created at 'poster size’ (24” x 30" or 24” x 36”) so that we do not need to blow up the poster and ruin the quality of your work.

-    Digital designs can be saved at a smaller size for submission to reduce file size.

•   ‪To keep the printing cost down, your t-shirt design may contain at most 2-3 colors.

•   ‪You may submit more than one design.

Submission Process:

·         Posters can be submitted via Blitz to Winter Carnival Council, or dropped off to Collis 303 (for t-shirt designs, digital submission is encouraged).

·         Digital submissions should fit the following specifications:

-      300 DPI, CMYK color

-      Digital designs can be saved at a smaller size for submission to reduce file size

-      Please submit using .jpeg or .pdf file (if selected we will ask for your original file: .psd, .ai, etc.)

Deadline: TODAY, Monday, January 9th

*If you have any questions about whether your idea/design is permissible under this standard, please feel free to email [log in to unmask] and we will be happy to review the design and advise you.