Interested in science policy? Interested in how science impacts society?

Then come to the Science, Technology, and Engineering Policy Society's (STEPS) Mini Conference!

The conference will take place on Saturday, November 12th from 10:30am-2:30pm. The talks will be in Haldeman 041. STEPS will also provide a lunch in between the speakers. There is no membership requirement to attend this event. You may also attend as much of the mini conference as your schedule allows, but we encourage you to attend the whole thing!
We will have two speakers that work in the field of science policy. Each talk will last for 90 mins, including at least 30 mins of discussion time.
Our first speaker is Dr. Heather Bloemhard from the American Astronomical Society. She will be giving the perspective of advocating for science from a professional society and the role professional societies play in our policy making.

Our second speaker is Dartmouth professor and clinician, Dr. H. Gilbert Welch. He has appointments in The Dartmouth Institute, Geisel School of Medicine, and the Tuck School of Business. Dr. Welch has written numerous best-selling books on public health matters related to the value of our healthcare system and the problems related to overdiagnosis. He will be talking about his advocacy in the public health realm.

Here is the Facebook link for this event: https://www.facebook.com/events/376003762789548/

Please RSVP by Facebook or email if you plan on joining us for this exciting event!

Also to keep on your calendars, we will be having a journal club lunch discussion on Tuesday, November 8th at 1pm in Haldeman 124. More info will be forthcoming.

Sincerely,
Meghana Mishra and Nicholas Warren
STEPS Co-Presidents