Hi Everyone!

Tonight at Theology on Tap we will be discussing the complex interaction between faith and acceptance!  Unfortunately, many of us are forced to encounter periods of conflict in our lives.  For example, as the presidential election comes to a head, political beliefs are becoming an increasingly polarizing force.  Sometimes, especially in heated online discussions, people can be inextricably linked to their political beliefs, and an argument or even just an expression of a political opinion can damage relationships.  How might our faith values, including those of acceptance, be able to help us navigate fields of such intense potential conflict?

Discussion questions may include:

For faiths that preach acceptance and forgiveness of others, how can we accommodate for differences in opinion that may truly emotionally affect us?

- Does it depend on the nature of the conflict (eg. political, personal, religious, etc.)?

- Are there any conflicts that are irreconcilable/ where acceptance is impossible?  What can you do when it feels like this is the case?

- What is the relationship between responsibility and acceptance?

Join us tonight at 9pm at the Canoe Club for discussion over a round of free drinks and garlic fries!  We hope to see you there!

Peace,

Marielle