Telling My Story
Final Performances
Thursday November 3rd and Friday November 4th
The time for both performances 7:00pm
Dear Friends,

We would like to extend an invitation for you to join the students of Dartmouth College's WGSS 66.5 "Telling Stories for Social Change" along with the residents of Valley Vista, for a collaborative and original end of term performance. This Experiential Learning course, co-taught by Pati Hernandez, offers students the unique opportunity to study issues surrounding incarceration and addiction through two distinct perspectives, theoretical and practical. Students have focused on the issues addicts face both inside and outside the rehabilitation center, while exploring facilitation with critical analysis and self-reflection on the effectiveness of community-based learning and performance in rehabilitation. We would like you to join us in the culmination of this course - the creation and performance of an original production that focus on the voices of the Valley Vista residents.

The performance is scheduled for THURSDAY November 3rd and FRIDAY November 4th located at the Valley Vista Rehabilitation Center. Performance time for both shows are at 7:00pm

Valley Vista Rehabilitation Center
23 Upper Plain
Bradford, VT 05033
Phone: (802) 222-5201

If you plan to attend the performance

  *
You must sign up by clicking this link <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNMrOj9NhBayZy9xTzQ6xysU33LZxvtCXiU4f9wDhwuLjWbQ/viewform?c=0&w=1> in order to attend the performances.
  *
Please sign up before end of day November 1st (Seating is limited)
  *
Please arrive at the facility at 6:30pm so you have time to check in and find a seat
  *
Bring only a photo ID and car keys, leave everything else in your car i.e. cell phone, purse, etc.

Directions
Dartmouth College to Valley Vista:
Take I-91N to the Bradford exit (exit 16).  At the end of the ramp turn right on Route 25S.  Go to the light and turn left on Lower Plain Rd. Lower Plain Rd turns into Main St as you pass through the town of Bradford and at the top of the hill it becomes Upper Plain Rd and Valley Vista will be on your left is.

We hope to see many of you at the performance,
Pati Hernández

Questions Contact:
Caroll Spelke
Program Coordinator