Midterm stress got you down? Keep reading to find out ways to get off campus and involved throughout the Upper Valley and beyond!

Monday, October 17th

___________________

 Center for Service Opportunities:

  • Breaking the Mold: Careers in the Social Sector -- Only a Few Spots Left!!
    • October 20th-21st; There is currently a wait-list for the networking dinner, but space is available for the Friday morning Kick-Starting your Career in the Social Sector breakfast and in some of the Going Deep Workshops on Friday afternoon. Register now to learn from accomplished professionals with diverse experiences in the nonprofit sector! From international development and youth services to public interest law and service in the U.S. and abroad, our diverse speakers will share their personal stories and offer insights about how you can create a career for the common good!  A full schedule and registration links available are here.
  • Re-Imagining the Future of Our Nation's Food: A Panel to Discuss our Stake in Food Systems
    • October 20th, 4:30pm in Carson L01; As part of the Plate of the Union campaign, Growing Change is hosting this panel discussion about solutions to our broken food system and what actions all of us, as both consumers and citizens, can take to achieve this vision.

Community Connections:

  • Dartmouth Food Day
    • This week Dartmouth is celebrating Food Day, a call to action to ensure that every person has access to healthy, nutritious, and affordable food that is produced with care for the environment. With help from Growing Change, Dartmouth on Purpose, DDS, and others, Food Day events will be going on all week including visiting faculty lectures, documentary showings, a local harvest dinner at Foco, Harfest at the Organic Farm, and more! Learn more here!
  • Volunteer with Willing Hands!
    • There are a number of different opportunities to glean extra produce from farms around the Upper Valley to deliver to neighbors in need. They are also looking for a couple of volunteer drivers to help with deliveries! Learn more and sign up on OrgSync!
  • Tutor Spanish at Hanover High!
    • A number of students from Hanover High School are in need of Spanish Language tutors. Share your knowledge with kids from outside of Dartmouth! Learn more and sign up on OrgSync!
  • Help Sort Clothes at the LISTEN Thrift Store!
    • Help them defeat "the pile" in their White River Junction thrift store! They are looking for volunteers to help sort donations in the evenings. Get a behind the scenes look at the LISTEN Retail Store! Learn more and sign up on OrgSync!

Facebook ~ OrgSync ~ Website

6154 South Fairbanks Hall

603.646.3350