Interested in the role slavery played in our country's transition to industrial capitalism? Want to hear four amazing speakers debate whether our nation's economy could have been formed without slavery? Come to the “Was Slavery Essential to American Capitalism?” debate tomorrow!

Thursday, October 20, 2016
5:00-6:30 pm
Filene Auditorium, Moore Hall

“Was Slavery Essential to American Capitalism?”
Co-sponsored with the Political Economy Project

Panelists:
Sven Beckert, Laird Bell Professor of History, Harvard University
Trevon D. Logan, Hazel C. Youngberg Trustees Distinguished Professor of Economics, The Ohio State University
Alan L. Olmstead, Distinguished Research Professor, University of California, Davis
Caitlin Rosenthal, Assistant Professor of History, University of California Berkeley

Moderator:
Douglas Irwin, John Sloan Dickey Third Century Professor in the Social Sciences, Department of Economics