**THIS WEEK IN SUSTAINABILITY**
Brought to you by the Office of Sustainability and
Green Groups Directorate

MONDAYMONDAYMONDAY
OPEN HOURS AT DARTMOUTH ORGANIC FARM, 3:30PM-5:30PM
Join us at the farm for open hours! Rides leaving from behind Robo at 3:30pm. Students are welcome to come to the farm to read, study, enjoy the scenic landscape and get some R&R.

GROWING CHANGE, 8:00pm-9:00pm Collis 212
Members of Growing Change design and teach a farm to school curriculum in local elementary schools. Club members volunteer for 1 teaching day a week and help maintain small vegetable gardens at the schools. Come join the meeting to learn more!

TUESDAYTUESDAYTUESDAY
FARM CLUB MEETING, 4:30pm-5:30pm, Hornig Library, Fairchild Hall
Interested in getting involved with the farm this term? Join us at farm club meeting! We’ll discuss objectives for the term, leadership roles and farm open hours. All welcome!
Slow Food Talk with Jeff Roberts, 4pm, Paganucci Lounge, Class of 1953 Commons (FoCo)
Rediscover the flavors and savors of regional cooking and banish the degrading effects of Fast Food.
Join Slow Food's Jeff Roberts, visiting faculty at the University of Gastronomic Sciences in Bra, Italy discuss how we can help to  protect and celebrate the pleasures of a shared meal, the labor of local farmers and ranchers, the heritage of food traditions, and the joy of a delicious and healthy life. Share in local refreshments and fare.

ECO MEETING, 7:30pm - 8:30pm, Hornig Library, Fairchild Hall
Come explore the sustainability library and hang out with us! Eco is a traditional sustainability organization focused on bringing awareness to individual behavioral change. We are also flexible in our campaigning and excited for new members to make an immediate impact in our programing. There will be snacks! **Special meeting! We'll be cleaning and redecorating the student office tomorrow! Arts and craft materials provided, aesthetic wanted!**
WEDNESDAYWEDNESDAYWEDNESDAY
DIVEST DARTMOUTH, 8pm-9pm Robo Basement
Interested in learning more about how to positively impact the investment portfolio of the College? Want to learn more about the national fossil fuel divestment movement that has taken hold in college campuses across the country? Join us for  our weekly meeting. All are welcome!

ENERGY TASK FORCE APPLICATIONS DUE BY MIDNIGHT
Are you interested in Energy at Dartmouth? Do you want to learn and contribute to Sustainability on campus? Apply for the Student Energy Task Force!The Energy Task force is a group of students within the Office of Sustainability who work on awesome, original projects related to  important issues in energy. Questions? Email Zachary Shank '17 or Mallory Rutigliano '17. Application deadline: Wednesday, October 12 at 11:59PM

FOCO FOOD WASTE DISPLAY, 5:30PM-8PM
Interested in how much food is wasted in Dartmouth dining halls? To raise awareness about food waste on campus, scrape your food waste into large containers before exiting FoCo. As food waste accumulates in the containers over the course of the evening, we'll get a visual sense of how much food we waste during a typical evening at one dining hall. Student volunteers from our Green Groups organizations will be available to speak about the motivation and goals of the display as well as ways each of us can help reduce food waste.
THURSDAYTHURSDAYTHURSDAY
OPEN HOURS AND HARVEST AT DARTMOUTH ORGANIC FARM, 10am-11:30pm, Dartmouth Organic Farm
Join us at the farm for harvest! Rides leaving from behind Robo at 10am. We’ll be harvesting crops for the farm stand outside of Collis. Students are also welcome to come to the farm to read, study, enjoy the scenic landscape and get some R&R.

OFFICE HOURS, 12-2pm, Robo 108
Want to get involved with sustainability on campus? Have a random sustainability question? Just want to hang out and eat some yummy baked goods? Visit us for Office Hours every week on Thursdays!

DARTMOUTH COUNCIL ON CLIMATE CHANGE, 7pm-8pm, Halderman 124
 DC3 is the Dickey Center for International Understanding's climate club! Come discuss plans for the year discuss the international and overarching scope of climate change.

AUTHOR TED LEVIN TALK, 7PM, 001 ROCKEFELLER HALL
Of all the rattlesnakes in the Western Hemisphere, the timber rattlesnake has evoked the widest, most controversial constituency. The first venomous snake encountered by European colonists, it was the first New World snake classified by Linnaeus, who gave it the Latinized name Crotalus horridus, which translates to scaly beast with musical rattle. Levin's book captures the snake's natural history and unique behaviors, and looks at the people who love them, loathe them, and have abused them through illegal trade. A former Bronx Zoo zoologist, Levin is the author of Blood Brook: A Naturalists Home Ground,Backtracking: The Way of the Naturalist, and Liquid Land: A Journey through the Everglades, which won the Burroughs Medal in 2004. He has written for Sports Illustrated, Audubon, National Wildlife, National Geographic Traveler, and other publications. The talk is followed by a book signing sponsored by the Norwich Bookstore.
FRIDAYFRIDAYFRIDAY
INSTITUTE FOR ENERGY AND SOCIETY TALK 1-2:15PM, GEORGIOPOULOS CLASSROOM RAETHER
HALL
Dan Reicher '78, Executive Director, Steyer-Taylor Center for Energy Policy and Finance at Stanford and previously Assistant
Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, will deliver a talk on the intersections of energy and society.

FARM CLUB PIZZA DINNER AND WORK DAY, 3pm-5pm
Get out and relax at the Dartmouth Organic Farm and enjoy some delicious pizza! Ride leaving at 3pm and 5pm from behind
Robo. More details coming!