Today, the NYU Thomas Cooley Professor of Ethical Leadership Jonathan Haidt will be speaking at Dartmouth on “Three Narratives of Capitalism, and How Moral Psychology Can Help Nations to Thrive.” Is capitalism about “liberation” from material destitution or about “exploitation” of one group by another? What stories do we tell about our economic system? Haidt’s research examines the intuitive foundations of morality, and how morality varies across cultures–including the cultures of American progressive, conservatives, and libertarians. Haidt is the author of _The Happiness Hypothesis_, and of _The New York Times_ bestseller _The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion_.

The talk takes place at 5 PM in Filene Auditorium, Moore Hall.