Are you interested in sustainable development or public health care?

Do you want to be a mentor for teens and build strong relationships with them in the process?

Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of others?

If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions AND if you are proficient in Spanish, apply for the Dartmouth Alumni & Students for Honduras spring break trip!

For the last six years, Dartmouth students have created and annually held a leadership camp for teens from El Rosario, Honduras. This spring break, we will work with the students to spread information related to the harmful effects of pesticide use in the fields and about safe sex practices. We will also teach problem solving skills to enable students to become influential leaders in their community.

We are looking for dedicated students from Dartmouth to join us. If you participate in this project, you can expect to form meaningful relationships with teens from a different and vibrant culture, learn all about what makes a sustainable development project successful, and build your own leadership and mentoring skills.

If you are interested, please send the attached application to

Dominique Dadekian '18 ([log in to unmask]) by Friday, October 7th at midnight.

About DASH (and financial information for the trip):

Dartmouth Alumni & Students for Honduras(DASH) is run by two Dartmouth '13s who have participated in the teen camp for the past four years as well as other projects with our parent organization, ACTS. We are funded by grants, generous alumni and fundraising efforts at the college. Participant fees have tended to be around $300 dollars per team member each year, but the actual amount paid by each Dartmouth student going on the trip will depend on fundraising efforts by the team during the winter.

About ACTS (our parent organization):

Since 1986, a dedicated group of people from the Upper Valley has traveled to rural Honduras and worked closely with the people of El Rosario to improve local communities. Past / Current projects include: establishment of a medical and dental clinic, construction of water systems, latrines and stovepipes. Members include numerous Dartmouth alumni, faculty and administration. You can learn more by visiting the ACTS website at http://actshonduras.org/.