SHAKE OUT AT SIGMA DELT!

Hold up, what's shake out?

Shake out is an alternative to Panhellenic formal recruitment.

Sigma Delt will only be taking new members through our shake out process. We will not be participating in formal recruitment.

Wait, why is Sigma Delt doing shake out?

We believe in greater autonomy for potential new members (PNMs) and a more open, relaxed atmosphere to learn about our house. We want to create a system where the agency lies with the person joining the house.

Can I go through shake out and formal recruitment?

Yes! There is no overlap in scheduling.

How do I shake out?

1. Continue reading this blitz

2. Sign up & attend an open house

3. Shake out

OPEN HOUSES
Tuesday, September 20, 5 - 7 pm ***note the time change

Friday, September 23, 6 - 8 pm
Saturday September 24, 5 - 7 pm
Monday September 26, 7 - 9 pm

Sign up for one of the first hours, come to any second hour!!!

There are no deliberations after open houses & there is absolutely no advantage to coming to all of them.

SHAKEOUT

Thursday, September 29, from 6 - 10 pm

What happens during shake out?

This is when you express a formal interest in receiving a bid from Sigma Delt. This shake out is not bindingIf you receive a bid the following morning, Friday, September 30, you will have until 10pm that night to accept. This means you can accept *after* going through pref night for formal recruitment, but before you enter a pref.

Before shaking out, all PNMs must attend (1) "Expectations of Membership" program and (2) "Bystander Intervention in the Greek Community" (but you can attend an open house before going to these two sessions)

Questions? Blitz [log in to unmask]

or shake out chairs Julia Dressel and Emily Burack