Do you like kids and teaching them information that matters?

Are you interested in the farm-to-school movement?

Do you care about how our food gets on our plates?

Then check out Growing Change at the Community Connections Fair from 5-7:30 pm in Collis Common Ground!

Growing Change is a farm-to-school group housed in the Center for Service. We teach fourth graders at Dothan Brook School a curriculum with topics ranging from sustainability, agriculture, composting, and the scientific method to nutrition/healthy eating and broader food systems. We also have a community garden at the school that we utilize for interactive learning and integration of the topics we discuss throughout the year.

Along with teaching lessons and harvesting our garden this fall, we will be carrying out a campus campaign through a nationwide effort called Plate of the Union. This campaign focuses on increasing food policy action, food justice awareness, and essentially transforming our food system into one that meets human health needs and reduces environmental impact. As part of our campaign, we're bringing in food policy experts and holding a formal panel discussion before Food Week in October.