Thick Dumpling Skin

Keynote Speech on Asian American Body Image, Followed by Q&A
May 25th | 7-8:30pm | Filene Auditorium

Thick Dumpling Skin is a blog community founded by Lynn Chen and Lisa Lee focusing on body image as a social, cultural, and familial struggle within Asian American communities. These pressures often create low self-esteem within Asian Americans, particularly women, and through this event, we hope to engage in a better understanding of how Asian American identity contributes to perceptions of body image and work towards dispelling normative notions surrounding the topic.

Asian American Studies Teach-In

by Asian/American Students for Action

May 26th | 4pm | Carson 60

Led by guest professors Sue Kim (also a Dartmouth alum) and Phitsamay Uy from UMass Lowell, this teach-in (think of it like an interactive lecture) will focus on the discipline of Asian American Studies, from Asian American literature to history to identity. As a result from the lack of Asian American Studies on this campus, this event is meant for those who are unfamiliar with Asian American Studies to be exposed to this field. Also, "Asian American" does not only refer to people of East Asian descent (China, Korea, Japan), but rather includes all of Asia, including East Asia, Southeast Asia (Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, etc.), and South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc.).This event is open to all audiences.

Korean Culture Night

by Korean Students Association

May 27th | 5-6:30pm | Commonground

Seoul Food

by Korean Students Association and Alpha Phi Alpha

May 28th | 1-4pm | Collis Patio

Reflections: Pan Asian GalaRSVP here!

APAHM Closing Celebration – Open to All

May 29th | 5-7pm | TBD

The Pan Asian Community Gala is our closing ceremony for APAHM as well as the academic year. At the event we want to celebrate our community as well as the achievements of individuals through awards and speeches.