Come to Collis 303 TOMORROW (TUESDAY) at 7:30 PM to get involved in the first campus efforts to raise support for Syrian Refugees. ?Snacks will be provided.

COME TO GET INFORMED ON THE CURRENT REFUGEE SITUATION, ENGAGE IN A DISCUSSION, BRAINSTORM IDEAS FOR CAMPUS ACTIONS, AND/OR SHOW YOUR INTEREST TO GET INVOLVED IN OUR FUTURE EFFORTS!

The purpose of this meeting is to the familiarize the students of Dartmouth with the aims and objectives of the newly established Dartmouth for Syrian Refugees (DarSy), generate ideas and recruit volunteers for upcoming events.

The last four years of fighting in Syria has displaced nearly 12 million people, 4 million of which have fled as refugees to European countries, primarily Greece. This group is dedicated to raising awareness of and generating support in the Dartmouth and Upper Valley community for the hardships of the Syrian refugees.

We aim to get Dartmouth students and community members informed and involved in the struggles of Syrian refugees. This will be achieved through events and programs that include campus discussions and campus visits from academics, activists and refugees residing in the US. Moreover, we plan to coordinate our activities with organizations that are currently on the ground and generate support for their activities. This group is as much aimed at making a contribution to the current situation as it is aimed at engaging Dartmouth and Upper Valley community members in thinking about the generation of displaced people that is coming out of Syria.

Let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to meeting you!