Do you have a story that needs to be told?
We're listening.

Still I Rise is a production by Wise @ D, a student affiliate of WISE of the Upper Valley, that gives our community members the chance to tell their stories.

Our community and the world need to know the truth about dating violence, domestic and sexual violence and stalking. The truth about your experience. Maybe you've been told that it's not important. Or that it's not OK to tell. Or that it's your own fault. Abusers say these things and our society reinforces the messages. Those of us most impacted are often left feeling alone, with shame and embarrassment. This is a chance to change that, a chance to tell your truth and let it be heard.

You may also have loved ones who have been dealt with dating violence, domestic and sexual violence and stalking.  Maybe you've never talked about how that's affected you until now. Whatever your story is, this is the place to share it.  Submissions can be a poem, essay, song, piece of art, video, group of photos or dance and can be done individually or in a performance group. Other media or formats are welcome, and if you have an idea for one that isn't listed please contact us anyway.

You decide how you want your piece used. You may want to compose your story and don't want it shared. You may want to share your story but remain anonymous. It is up to you.

The show will take place in the Moore Theater on Thursday, April 28th at 7:00 PM.

If you are submitting as a loved one of a survivor:  This includes, but is not limited to a friend, significant other, parent, child, or sibling to a survivor. Please  read and check the attachment titled Secondary Survivor Guidelines. If you are submitting as a loved one and you do not also attach the completed checklist we will not be able to consider your submission.

Submissions can be done in one of three ways:

Completed submissions can be emailed to [log in to unmask] . The deadline to submit completed works is two weeks from today: March 4th, 2015. Please include the attached forms with the submission.

Anonymous completed submissions can be posted to Hinman box 2610. The deadline is also two weeks from today. Please still include the submission form and the secondary survivor guideline form, if applicable, even if you leave some sections of the submission form blank for anonymity.

If you are interested in workshopping and refining a piece in progress for the performance, please fill out and return the submission form by email at [log in to unmask] or Hinman 1225 no later than two weeks from today. We will hold a writing workshop for those interested. In this case the submission itself does not need to be included.

[cid:efd1cf30-24c4-4520-aa1e-0cfac76665fc]