It’s late Thursday night and I decided to throw an 80’s Party.  Born in ’93, the only things I remembered from my childhood were Allen Iverson, Monica Lewinsky, and Wonder Ball Chocolate Treats.  Luckily, David Jenks was down stairs.

I put on my Lululemon Sweatshirt, grabbed a pair of Heidt’s Brunswick lax shorts, stole Drobner’s Ugg Slippers, and ran down the stairs like a 6-year-old on Christmas morning.

“Dave, I need your help.”

“Yeah?  It’s a little late and I am tired.”

 “Dave, what were the 80s like.”

A wave passed over him like a (play adlib here)     noun    over a    noun   .

Dave’s eyes glistened and he spoke, “I could tell you what the 80s were like, but I would rather sing you a song.”

An American flag electric guitar appeared and he began to sing.

(tune to Sweet Child O’ Mine by Gun n Roses)

It was a time when the people were free

A culture of inclusivity

When Reagan made America’s deficit really high

Now and then I think about those days

Long before there was cyberspace

You want to remake it, but you can only try

Oh, oh oh  Theta Delta Chi

Oh, oh oh Theta Delt a Chi

It was the time where all of the guys Had time for pong to play

I used to give strangers high fives the sky was never gray

The decade was a warm safe place when Americans had their pride

And pray the bar and the cups of beer would never and ever be dry

Oh, oh oh Theta Delta Chi

Oh, oh oh Theta Delta Chi